So have you ever needed to chill some nice cold beer fast? How about that bottle of Champaign or wine for that special night? You usually have to wait at least an hour to make sure the drink is cold enough to enjoy. Not anymore! Here is a quick trick that will have you enjoying your cold beverage of choice in under three minutes!
What you will need:
- Steel Pot
- Wooden Spoon
What to do:
- Put the drink in the steel pot. Make sure that the beer or other beverage to be chilled fits in the pot and does not protrude over the top.
- Take the ice and completely cover the drink with the ice.
- Fill the pot with water to the top.
- Add two cups of table salt.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until all the salt is dissolved.
- Place the steel pot in the freezer for three minutes.
- Take the steel pot out of the freezer and enjoy ice cold beer!
Just a small piece of warning, make sure you do not try this with Soda Water, or you will be in for an explosion.
How does it work:
The salt creates Brine, which has a lower cooling point. Creating ice uses more energy, therefore the energy is used to cool, rather than create ice. The ice also starts melting, which needs heat to melt. The heat is drawn from the warm beer, etc, and causes everything to get colder faster. Cold (Ice Cold) Beer.